This post is part of A to Z Challenge for April 2016. For letter N, I am choosing Nothing.
A to Z Challenge April 2016: N for Nothing
As I sit with a blank document open, ready to type a post, nothing comes to my mind today. By nothing I mean nothing specific for the challenge. But my mind is filled with several thoughts and I think I will release those random thoughts here today:
- When I signed up for the A to Z challenge (just couple of days before the challenge), I had no idea what I was going to write about in my otherwise quiet blog. I am so glad I took up the challenge because it has allowed me to make a new start and more importantly, the challenge has given me an opportunity to write all those things about Bambi that I have wanted to store here but never found time to write before. Writing for the challenge, I have realized that it is possible to take some time out for blogging from my busy life. I plan to write at least one post a week after the challenge.
- Almost all my posts for the challenge have been about Bambi. This confirms that my world revolves around Bambi. Lately one of my close friends has distanced herself from me. I realise this is mainly because I talk only about Bambi and nothing else. No worries, going forward I will spare this friend the news from my little world. Sharing little and big things from my little world with my blog is any day better than sharing them with a disinterested friend.
- Earlier this week we informed Bambi’s school of our intent to leave the UK. Bambi’s teachers were sad that she wasn’t going to continue with them from the next academic year. Listening to the class teacher talk about the amazing progress that Bambi has made over the last year and how much she has blossomed, I got very emotional and broke down crying, which I hadn’t expected. The fact that we were taking Bambi out of a school that we dreamed of sending her to even before she had learned to walk and talk was a bit hard to digest.
- On Friday, Preeth informed people at his workplace about our relocation plan. Preeth is a very valued member of his team and his colleagues are all very sad that he is leaving. They are trying to come up with options to keep him. It feels nice to know that your employer and colleagues love you so much and Preeth is quite touched by his colleagues’ kindness.
- I will be informing my colleagues on Monday about my intent to leave. I was meant to do that on Friday but just couldn’t get myself to do it. I do not know how I am going to break the news but I’ll have to do it on Monday. I will try not to break down this time.
- I recently read a ‘bestselling’ book (published last year) by a ‘best-selling’ author in Bangalore and I have decided I am not going to read her future books including her latest book. Reasons twofold – Firstly, I didn’t like the author’s style of writing. Secondly, I spotted few errors in the book. Quite a few errors actually, which I think is bad coming from a bestselling author. Perhaps the author and her publishers were busy preparing for her next book that this book got neglected. By the way, how do authors come to being called as best sellers? I see many blogger turned authors calling themselves best-selling authors. Few of them deserve that title but the one who I read, I don’t think deserves to be called best-selling author. Anyway, good luck to the author and her future ‘best selling’ books which I hope will be error free.
- Bambi and I made some Lemon crinkle Cookies today. They were awesome. Crunchy, little cakey yet chewy and melting in the mouth. I tried it for the first time today and I will definitely be making them again in future. Thinking about them, I want to eat one now. Ok, as soon as I publish this post.
- I just realised my thoughts about the bestselling author above is bit nasty. I should probably ignore the errors I spotted in the book and just appreciate the author’s work and creativity. It is no mean feat writing 5 best-selling books.
- Bambi had been asking for a bell for her little bike (although she cannot ride it independently yet) since many days. Finally Preeth bought her a bell today. In the afternoon she spent some time in the garden pushing the bike with her feet and clinking the bell. She was happy and that made me happy as well.
- I want to go for shopping tomorrow. I have couple of gift vouchers that I’d like to use. I am particularly looking forward to using the voucher from Mac that friends from previous workplace gave me. I love make up and cosmetics. I’d love to buy a nice red lipstick from Mac tomorrow.
I’m still thinking about the lemon cookies. So that’s enough of non-specific random thoughts for today. And here’s a picture of our lemon crinkle cookies.