Better late than never! Today I am going to accept the Liebster award which BELLYBYTES from the wonderful blog MUMBAI ON A HIGH awarded me few days ago. I was very pleased to receive the award. I think it is a very nice way of appreciating bloggers and their blogs.
The rules of the award are (I copy this from Bellybytes’ blog):
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5–11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, that have less than 1,000 followers.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
Ok, without further ado, let me follow the rules:
- Dear Bellybytes, Thank you so much for nominating me for this blogger award. Not just for the award, but I also want to thank you for all those smiles that you bring on my face with your lovely writing. Mumbai on a high really makes me happy.
- Done. I have displayed the award in my sidebar.
- Now answering the questions asked by BellyBytes:
- What would you choose between a relaxed holiday on the beach or an arduous trek through the mountains? A relaxed holiday on the beach of course! I am not good at adventurous activities. So, mountain trekking is out of question.
- Do you like ice cream in a cup or cone? I like Ice-cream in a cup. Cone gets a bit messy. Also I don’t like it when I have finished the ice cream and bit of the plain cone is still remaining.
- Would you rather spend 3 hours talking to a friend on a phone or 3 hours travelling to meet the same person just for an hour? I would rather spend 3 hours on the phone talking to the friend and I have done that many times. Problem with travelling is I have to plan a lot before I set out anywhere and then if it’s just for an hour, I wouldn’t enjoy it as much.
- Do you like chick flicks? I don’t mind them but I am not a great fan of chick flicks.
- Do you dress for comfort or style? For both. I love trendy palazzos or kurtis and jeans both of which are comfortable as well as stylish.
- Are you a bathroom singer? Yes, big time! “Thandey thandey paani se nahaana chaahiye, gaana aaye ya Na aaye gaana chaahiye” :-).
- Would you go bungee jumping? Yes! Why not? These days with Bambi slowly I have been doing things that I have never done before. So, yes bungee jumping although wouldn’t be my choice but if someday Bambi would like me to try with her, I would definitely go for it.
- Which household chore do you love? Cleaning dishes! :-). This normally I combine with a chat with someone on the phone. So I don’t mind it.
- How do you deal with the grumblers in your life, assuming you do have them? Yes I have a little rant every now and then with the husband. He calms me down and tries to show me the positive side of whatever that I am grumbling about – a lazy colleague, in laws’ unsolicited advice on how to bring up my child etc etc.
- What was the wackiest compliment you’ve received? When I uploaded a selfie on Facebook recently a friend commented “Gorgeous girl! Doesn’t look like you at all. Didn’t realize it was you!” and that got couple of ‘likes’ :|. Thanks my friends!
- When was the last time you visited a dentist? 8 months ago (I know, I should be visiting regularly) and even that I went only because a restoration had chipped away and was causing discomfort.
- And Now 11 Random Facts about me:
- I like to learn new things/skills.
- I like meeting new people.
- I like cooking and baking.
- I like animals from a distance but I can never stroke them or hold them.
- I Love being a Mum but I know I am an imperfect mum ( a separate post on this later).
- I have a good memory. I am the one who reminds (family/friends) of funny incidents from the past when we get together for laughs.
- I don’t mind family/friends laughing at me when we get together. I join them in the laughter too.
- I can imitate people well but I am careful not to hurt anyone by taking it too far.
- I spend a lot of time on my phone – WhatsApp and YouTube (recipes, crafts)
- I love mehndi (Henna).
- I love Ethnic Indian Clothes.
- I do not know many bloggers yet in the blogosphere. Hence, I won’t be able to nominate other bloggers for the award just yet. If you are reading this and haven’t yet been awarded the Liebster award, please feel free to take up the award.
- Ok, and now here are 11 questions that I would like you to answer when you accept the award:
- What is your most embarrassing childhood memory?
- What do you love about yourself most?
- If you could learn one new skill today, what would that be?
- What is one thing you believe you are best at?
- What is one thing you wish you were good at?
- Who is your role model?
- Why are you so amazing?
- How do you control your temper, assuming you lose it sometimes?
- How would you tolerate a person, whom you absolutely dislike, in the same room as you, assuming you dislike someone?
- If you are talking to a person and you know they are lying, would you ignore or confront them?
- If you ever met an anonymous blogger friend in person, how would you start the conversation?
What are you waiting for? Its your turn now. Please accept the award and answer my questions.